Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

We went to the Good Friday service at Lakeland tonight. It was a good service and brought everyone into the story of when Jesus was crucified and sealed in the tomb. That is what Good Friday commemorates, remembers, and signifies. So, why then is it called Good Friday? Is it good because the ultimate ending is that Jesus rose from the grave? Is it good because when Jesus was crucified it fulfilled prophesy? Is it good because of the news that Jesus defeated death and forgave our sins? Can there be good happening when someone is condemned to die, beaten, crucified, and buried? In knowing the continued story I think you can say 'yes'. There is good even when sorrow comes. We may not understand it or see it during the sadness, but goodness can be there. Thank you God, for your goodness. Thank you for your grace and love for us even when we do not see it. Especially when we do not see it. 
  Tomorrow is my concert with the Haitians. My songs are coming along well...Mike and I went through the one we're doing tonight and it sounded good. I did talk to Idalbert today and he told me that we can't use the sound system at the church, so he needs to now bring sound equipment from his church for us to use. He found this out today. The pastor of the church went out of town today and didn't leave anyone to run sound for us. I think that is very poor on the church's part, because they have known for about two months that our concert is on the 23rd. I have a hard time believing that the pastor either didn't know he was going to be gone or couldn't have lined someone up to help with sound and also could have had the courtesy to let Idalbert know more than the day before. It's not my deal, but I am tempted to talk to someone from the church and let them know how poor of a job they did in hosting another group at their church. I think/hope things will turn out just fine tomorrow, but it is just one more thing that shouldn't have been there to deal with. This is another time when some Haitience goes a long way....
  Today was a good day. My mom didn't have school, so Anna went over to play at my parent's house today when I went to the doctor's office. The appointment went well. I heard the baby's heartbeat (156 bpm) and was in and out quickly. I set the appointment for our ultrasound for May 19th at 10:30. Hopefully Baby Li will cooperate and we'll find out if we have a he or a she. I've been calling the baby Li lately since we don't know the sex yet. In Creole "li" is the pronoun for he and she, so it covers all the bases :) After my appt. I went back to my parents and we all went out to a new Mexican restaurant for lunch. It was good stuff. There was a little more hanging out after lunch and then Anna and I headed back to Lees Summit. Anna was asleep within a couple minutes of being in the car and slept the whole way home. I stopped off at my friend, Jenn's yard sale to get a few choice items. I've wanted to get a sewing machine for a while, so I took Jenn's off her hands...I also found a Beauty and the Beast mug and thought Anna would like it (she loves it and drank out of it all afternoon and evening). Jenn saved a nice, gaudy costume ring for Anna, which she also loves. The other purchase was an old school Gameboy in its original fanny pack complete with Tetris and Super Mario Bros. I was seriously impressed that the original headphones and instruction manuals were still in there as well. And how fabulous is it that the "case" for all of it is a fanny pack with hot pink piping?! I'll have to plug some AAs in tomorrow and play.
  I'm looking forward to tomorrow for a few reasons. I need to hard boil some eggs for us to dye for Easter. I got a really cool decorating set at the store and think Anna will have fun with it after we eat lunch. I always like dying and decorating Easter eggs. I will hopefully get to sleep in a little tomorrow since I don't need to practice with the Haitians until the afternoon. It should be good weather tomorrow, which will be nice. I'm looking forward to the concert tomorrow night and really hope it all goes well. Idalbert was saying that he thinks only ten people will come, but I think more people will be there. It will feel good to sing for Haiti and it will also feel good when I can get in bed tomorrow night knowing that it is done :) 
  Tomorrow will be my last day of Lent to write in the evening. It will be good to reflect on the past 40 days and also look forward to the time to come. That's why I did this in the first place, right? To examine and reflect. Well, I'll do that tomorrow night, but then after that I'm done until next year. Just kidding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment