Saturday, March 19, 2011
Thinking of future travels...
One of the TV shows Mike and I like to watch is "Amazing Race". I've followed the show since it started, but the last couple season we've fallen off a bit. We're trying to catch up on the current season by watching multiple episodes. Before we got married we talked about auditioning for the show, but never got around to it. In theory I'd love to be on the show, but after traveling to Europe last summer and seeing how wiped out I get with long flights and how iffy my stomach gets when traveling I'm not sure how being on the race would go. I bet the adrenaline kicks in and carries you a lot, but once you get to the rest stop I'd probably fall apart. Our sister-in-law, Emily, has put together two Amazing Race-like races for us. The first was in St. Louis as a wedding present to Mike and I. The second was a couple years later in KC. We had a blast doing both races...and won both :) Just doing those local races there was so much high energy and anxiety I couldn't imagine being on the real race. Right now the teams are in Sydney, Australia and it looks beautiful. I'd love to go to Australia some day, but the loooooong ass flight is a major drawback. I'm not saying I wouldn't go, but I wouldn't be too thrilled about the flight to and from. Maybe some meds will help that out :) Even as much as traveling messes with my GI system I want to travel with Anna and this new little one when they get older so they can see other parts of the world. Knowing what is outside of our suburb is so important to give a wider world view. Going as a family to Croc, Mexico or Haiti would be amazing. When I was in Haiti last October I thought what it would be like for Anna to be there. She (and Baby Z) really would need to be older (I'd say at least ten), but having them there to experience the kids, place, and country would be awesome. I know how much it changed my life and world view and can only imagine what it would do for a young one. We'll have to see where in the world the Zungs will travel :) It will be an adventure! And on the other side of things I really look forward to just going camping on weekends and smaller vacations, too. My family went camping a lot when I was growing up and I look forward to doing that with Mike and the kids....I'm still adjusting to saying "the kids". That will take a while. Today's high was playing hookie from my Creole class and going out for lunch and shopping with Mike and Anna instead. It seems like we haven't had much time to hang out as a family, so it was tonight to be together today. Not sure what the low for today was....I guess it would be the weather. It was chilly and rainy today, which was a downer. It did rain and that was nice to take a nap to. I think it will be warmer and not so cloudy tomorrow. Goodnight for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment