Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Adventures of the little girl and the fig
The new mayor of Kansas City is Sly James. We went from Funkhowser to Sly. Interesting names...let's hope that Sly does a better job than Funk did. And that is all the politics I will mention tonight. Anna is getting to where she does not like wearing pants and that has moved over to pull-ups as well. The problem is that she is not potty trained, so if a pull-up comes up there is a very good chance that pee or poo is somewhere. On Sunday she did not take a nap, but instead played around in her room for a while before taking both pants and pull-up off and peeing on the floor. Awesome. I told Anna that if she doesn't want to wear pull-ups anymore then she needs to start going to the bathroom on the toilet. She's yet to do anything on the pot and for some reason is resistant to it. She says that she's still a little girl and that's why she can't use the toilet. In asking when she will be a big girl, she says when the turns three....which is in about three weeks. I really hope we enter the active potty training phase soon and hope that it goes quickly once it does start. I talked about wanting control last night in my writing and I think my daughter is experiencing the same thing with her bodily functions. She knows when she needs to poo and even says, "What can I hide behind to go poo?". She still has control of where she goes for now and isn't ready to let that go just yet. We've heard stories of major constipation and struggles when potty training happens before the child is ready and don't want that. I'm looking toward this summer as a time to nudge Anna into the "big girl" mindset. I put her in a sun dress yesterday afternoon since it was so nice out and she loved it. She was prancing around the house and backyard just loving it. Tonight when we were walking to the park she started singing a song about being nice to a boy. Yesterday she told us a story about her brother named Clay and how she would take care of him and buy him running shoes with pumpkins on them. She is awesome and I am constantly amazed and how her mind works. Which then leads me to think, "I wonder what this next baby will be like"....I am about 11 weeks along and according to Baby Center that puts Baby Z at the size of a fig. He/she has arms and legs, tooth buds, and is moving around a lot. I won't be able to feel the movement for another month or so, but there is a lot going on in there. I remember feeling Anna move for the first time during "Messiah" rehearsals, so we'll see if this baby moves to the music...whatever that may be. I am going to move on to looking at new curriculum for church. I feel a nudge to try some new things in the content and story we bring to the kids on Sunday. There is a lot to look at and I need to do some homework. After that I want to keep reading "Half the Sky". I am captivated by this book and have been telling everyone I know (especially women) to get a copy of it and read it. I will write more about the book in later days....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment