Saturday, March 26, 2011

A little of this and that

Tonight Mike, Anna, and I went to a Ceili tonight to hear my sister's band, Dog Tree play. A Ceili is an Irish dance. I think it can also be called a Feis. It was a fundraiser for an Irish dance company in KC, so there was a silent auction, food, and lots of kids out on the dance floor. I was amazed at their energy and it was really cool to see all the dances. I tried to do a group dance and ended up just hopping and skipping around cluelessly, but it was fun and are really good workout for your calves. Anna had a good time, too. There were some friends of ours there and she liked seeing them. She also liked all the other kids and watching the dancing. Anna isn't much of a dancer herself (although I have seen her bust a move a few times). She is more of an observer and takes it all in. At one point there was a line of teenagers sitting over on a bench and Anna walked up to one girl and said, "Hi, what's your name?" She's friendly one. My parents were there, too, and they took Anna back to their house to spend the night. She so loves going to their house to spend the night. I am very thankful to have my parents live so close and even more thankful that Anna gets to spend a lot of time with them. They'll bring her to church tomorrow morning, so Mike and I then had a little date night. We went and got some coffee (I got hot chocolate b/c I'm cutting down on my caffeine) and are now home to chat about upcoming things. Our date nights usually end up being pretty lame. Not always, but usually it includes running some necessary errand and then going home to hang out on the couch. Exciting stuff after being together for 13 years. We are getting our new bed on Monday and I am pretty excited for that. My writing on Monday will be from a nice, big king size bed and I forsee much time being spent in the new bed. We want to move forward in putting our house on the market, so I am going to talk to some friends tomorrow and get the name of the realtor they just used. We figure that if we don't go ahead and at least try to see what happens we'll always think about it. The weather has really sucked the last couple days. It's been cold and snowy today and I think the temperature isn't supposed to get above 45 over the next week. Boo on that. It's spring now and we need warmer weather! I am going to think about birthday party ideas for Anna and search for doll houses. We want to get Anna a doll house for her birthday and I am debating on whether to get one that is fully furnished or one that you buy the rooms separately. Such decisions. I think she'll be really excited with whatever kind of doll house we get. She is so into imaginative play right now and LOVES any kind of doll house. So long for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment